Filofolios | How to Make Your Own Portable Mini Portfolio Using a Filofax and Moo Business Cards



I've had a crazy idea!

Are you an artist, a designer or an illustrator?  Do you create or sell your own products or services? Are you a cupcake artist or do you design and make your own hand-crafted purses? Most importantly, do you have too many Filofaxes, or are you trying to find an excuse to purchase yet another?  Well, I think I may have the answer to your dilemma, and a creative solution for all you Filofax lovin' Freelancers.

I'm always trying to think of new ways to use my Filofaxes.  I have four of them and  keeping four diaries of various sizes would be a sure route to madness and insanity - believe me, I've tried!

I've recently gone self-employed and I am currently making hand-crafted jewellery to put pennies in my pocket, but I needed a way to keep with me samples of my jewellery when I am out and about in case I happened to pass by potential clients or shops I could potentially supply to.

Well how about this for a stroke of genius...


  • Get yourself a beautiful Filofax of your choice - Go for pocket-sized or slimline to fit nicely into your handbag
  • Buy lots of clear card-holder inserts
  • Order a set of personalised business cards from moo.com - Each with a different product printed on them
  • Put is all together and what do you get? A very cool, very portable, mini-image portfolio or product catalogue!


I know, I know... You can thank me later :)

Basically moo.com provide this GREAT Business Card Service where you can have a set of very attractive and professional business cards made for you, but the difference is that you can order a set of 50 cards and each card can have a different design of your choice printed on it!

This means that you can essentially create a mini-portfolio of your products to take around with you. You will never be unprepared when it comes to promoting your business and products again.

moo.com have already initiated this idea on their website. You can go and have a look for inspiration and more creative ideas on how to use moo business cards.  But my unique, and if I may say so - totally genius idea is combining it with Filofax products to create a truly personal and attractive little portfolio or product catalogue to take about with you in your handbag!  And you can also keep your standard business cards in there too, ready to hand out to your new clients once they have fallen in love with every image in your Filofolio.

8 comments:

  1. OMG! That's a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - that is fantastic!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, yes I have truly been inspired :) x Thanks

      Delete
  3. Brilliant idea & thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anita :) You're welcome! x

      Delete
  4. Nice post with great info. I was just searching for the plastic business cards best designs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I have left this blog a bit bit dormant recently, I think a New Year's resolution is being inspired...

      Delete

Thanks for your comments and getting involved! :)