Advertise on Filofancy

24 Jun 2012

How to Create a Unique Dashboard for your Filofax | The Filofancy Way!





TRUST me... this is going to be the most useful thing you create for your Filofax.  Have you ever heard of such a thing as a Filofax dashboard?  If you are an avid Filofax-fan blog-follower then you probably have because everybody is doing it.  Most people tend to use the sticky-notes insert as their dashboard.  Well, as usual I have an alternative and rather clever way of creating a dashboard for your Filofax that you will use forever!


Get it now...
Firstly though...
What is a Filofax Dashboard?

It's your first port of call.  You open your Filofax - and there is it - with everything you need to immediately be reminded of.

Why do most people use the sticky-note insert?

Quite simply because you can write some notes down, then tear it off and dispose of them when you are done.

You can also tear them off and then stick them elsewhere in your Filofax, but that is about as far as this dashboard will take you.


The Filofancy Dashboard...

It's simple, affordable and reusable...

Just purchase a Filofax cardholder insert - the A5 for £3.00 is shown above - then use a credit card for sizing and cut up a nice little pile of pretty coloured paper to slip into each pocket... as much as each pocket will hold!

And now you have a great little note-taking system.  You can dedicate each space to specific types of notes - ie. personal reminders, work-related mind-joggers, shopping lists etc.

When you have finished with the note, take it out to reveal a fresh sheet of notepaper.

I use my Filofax business card for sizing which came with my Aqua Chameleon A5 when I bought it.  It's ideal because I can either keep it attached to the rings in my filofax, or slip it into the dashboard itself, ready for when I need to cut up a few more slips of notepaper.



The great thing about the Filofancy dashboard is that you can choose coloured paper that suits your own preferences.  I don't know about you but I'm not so keen on the neon bright colours of the sticky-note insert dashboard variety.

You can use the dashboard pockets to keep reminders, to-do lists, or even slip folded up bits of paper like receipts if you need to remind yourself to file them later on for your expenses.

Or store your stickers and paper-clips, like I do.


But what makes the Filofancy dashboard ultimately versatile is that you can modify the Flex jot-pad like I have to attach to your dashboard for longer lists and notes you may need immediate access to!

I just took my Filofax sizing card and measured around it on the back cover of the flex jot-pad, and then I cut the back-cover so that it fits into the top card slot of the dashboard.

Read More...
MORE ALTERNATIVE WAYS TO USE FLEX PRODUCTS

I use the underneath card slots to store my star-stickers - (Read about how you can design your own personalised stickers for your Filofax here) - and my little silver Waterstones bookmarks, which are very useful for marking pages in my Filofax when I don't want to forget where I have put them!  You can even make a mini index to remind you of what you have recently written and where in your Filofax you have filed your notes away.

I am forever losing or forgetting things I have written down and filed somewhere in my fat Filofax, so this system is such a godsend to me.  My dashboard is now the first thing I look at when I open my Filofax.  It is my memory jogger, and it also directs me to the things in my Filofax I may otherwise have forgotten about.

You can also use the back of the dashboard in the same way because the cards insert is double-sided.

Read More...
DISCOVER ANOTHER GENIUS WAY 
TO USE THE FILOFAX CARDS INSERT!

I am sure you will find many other creative ways to make the dashboard your own!

To create a dashboard like mine for your A5 Filofax all you need to purchase is the following...

PURCHASE YOUR DASHBOARD (Cards Insert)
PURCHASE YOUR JOTPAD

As always, let me know how you will be using and customising your new dashboard... and don't forget to send me some pics as I will happily publish them to the blog :)

a-musemag@hotmail.co.uk

10 comments:

  1. Very nice! I like the jot pad idea. I don't use an A5 though, but it's definitely got me thinking...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucy, I'm sure there's a similar way you can create a dashboard for your Filofax. They are pretty handy! :)

      Delete
  2. Great idea! Thank you! Would you consider doing an update on your FF as a whole? Maybe even an update YouTube video? Really enjoyed the first two that you did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello DEM, Absolutely! I will definitely do an update, and another videoblog soon. Been a bit distracted recently, and also I'm doing this thing where I give each post I publish a bit more time at the 'top' before I publish the next one - a little tip I read from a blog about blogging. Glad you enjoyed the videoblogs :)

      Delete
  3. I'd been wondering what to do with my jot pad - that is a very good idea :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LJ. I know, they seem neither here nor there, these jotpads, until you focus and decide exactly what use you have for them!

      Delete
  4. Any chance you could give us a closer look at your flex?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello,

      Certainly! I will put together a videoblog shortly. Subscribe to the blog to keep updated - thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  5. This is such a brilliant idea! I've never really used a dashboard because it didn't seem helpful to me - I may look into trying this though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) It is a pretty cool idea. Lots of people seem to find dashboards a useful reference point in their organisers, and everyone has their own way of doing it that works for them. I don't use the card holders for cards though, so I decided to get creative :) Thanks for your comment xx

      Delete

Thanks for your comments and getting involved! :)